Craftsman 19.5 horse briggs 42e707 2631e

carld1121

Forum Newbie
Threads
The float bowl on my carb isn't getting fuel. I get gas up to the fuel pump. but not into the float bowl. I've replaced the diaphram. I fill the float bowl up and it runs perfect after it uses the gas it just dies again. WHAT IS GOING ON!?

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Without looking at the parts lookup, I am assuming this the engine with the fuel pump mounted on the front of the carb. Is so, remove the top of the carb, and crank the engine and see if the fuel pump is actually pumping fuel. If it is pumping then there is a blockage between the pump, through the fuel passage, and the needle valve.

carld1121

Forum Newbie
Threads
Without looking at the parts lookup, I am assuming this the engine with the fuel pump mounted on the front of the carb. Is so, remove the top of the carb, and crank the engine and see if the fuel pump is actually pumping fuel. If it is pumping then there is a blockage between the pump, through the fuel passage, and the needle valve.

yes its that engine. Ok if lets say the fuel pump wasn't pumping. How do I fix it

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Other than the diaphragms, The three bolt pump has two tiny little springs that help assist the little reed flaps on the diaphragm to close, Sometimes one of those springs will get hooked on the flap preventing it from closing. that could be the issue. the four bolt pump, the reed valves are built into the center section of the pump, and are not serviceable other than replacing that part of the pump.

carld1121

Forum Newbie
Threads
its the 3 bolt i replaced the diaphragms and the springs came with the kit. this lawn mower is driving me INSANE

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
sometimes the little spring will get hooked on the reed flap preventing it from sealing.