Correction - eXmark - Leaking oil!

Rickcin

Threads
The mower is leaking oil when it is not running so I am thinking it could be the crankcase gasket ??

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    147.9 KB · Views: 18

timtractor

Threads
The other thing is it could be is the crankshaft seal or the oil pan gasket.

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Can also be a leaking drain plug... give a close look see... :smile:KennyV

Rickcin

Threads
Can also be a leaking drain plug... give a close look see... :smile:KennyV
The drain plugs are to the sides of the motor and the leak is under the carbs & muffler assembly so it is impossible to see.

Thinking of removing the engine from the mower ?

cpmartin2007

Forum Newbie
Threads
What were you able to find? bad plug?

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
What were you able to find? bad plug?
Thread from 2012. OP may not be around any longer. If you look at the upper corner of the replies it will give the date of reply Also date of original thread is under the thread title.

cpmartin2007

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thread from 2012. OP may not be around any longer. If you look at the upper corner of the replies it will give the date of reply Also date of original thread is under the thread title.
Copy that, it was just a thread that sounded like my problem so I was taking a shot in the dark that I may get a response!

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Copy that, it was just a thread that sounded like my problem so I was taking a shot in the dark that I may get a response!
OP hasn't logged in since December 2018 so may not hear from him.

AVB

Threads
Here I use UV dye to trace oil leaks as where it appears to be leaking isn't always where the actual leak is. A good example is a pressure washer with a Honda horizontal engine that I recently repaired. It appeared to be a seal behind the flywheel leaking as that was where the oil was pooling. It actually was the oil filled cap seal that was leaking and no oil was pooling in that area. It does however take the correct wavelength uv light to do the tests. The dye I use is a 165nm version.