Conquest Deck Install

lexadmn

Forum Newbie
Threads
I recently bought a used Conquest (unsure of the year) with a 25horse briggs and 42 inch deck, and the deck was removed when I purchased.
I did see some obvious missing parts from the deck and have replaced these parts, but for the life of me cannot really figure out how to mount this deck.
I do have a Simplicity 2925 to compare with, but that is comparing apples to oranges as the decks have nothing in common.
Is there a diagram to view to assist on the mounting of this deck?

Thank you
KC

bkeller500

Threads
get your model number and serial number and go to the Simplicity mfg website. load your info and download a owners manual and a parts manual for your particular unit. Or perhaps you could go back to where you bought it and ask for their assistance. Only other option I can come up with is look for another used conquest and go look at it and take photos of how the deck is attached. The process varies with model years and without knowing what you have to work with it's impossible to tell you what to do.

lexadmn

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thank you bkeller500. I cannot explain why that did not come to mind.
I did as you suggested, and the manual does show the connection points.
But I have another piece that is not mentioned in the manual and I do not know where it goes.
I have attached a pic with the piece laying on the deck with a blue arrow pointing to the piece.
Also, there is a metal bracket on the right side that partially covers the pulley and the manual does not show or discuss. Any ideas what this bracket is for? I have attached a pic with the metal piece circled.
The mower is a 2691093-00 with a 25 hp engine and 52" deck.

Thank you
KC

Attachments

• deck-1.jpg
    deck-1.jpg
    384.4 KB · Views: 9
  • deck-2.jpg
    deck-2.jpg
    384.9 KB · Views: 9

bkeller500

Threads
I have owned 4 Simplicity's and your deck is different from all 4 that I had. I think those items pointed out in blue may be for a rear bagger. None of my deck units had anything close to those items. I think if the tractor at one time had a bagger the brackets helped secure a blower that helped push the clippings thru the chute to the bags hanging off the rear of the tractor. I never had a bagger and never had either of those 2 items.

lexadmn

Forum Newbie
Threads
Good point bekeller500.
I have one other Simplicity, it is a 2925 and like yours... it has nothing like these brackets.
I will remove the bracket over the pully and leave the long bracket off and see how the install goes.
Thank you much for your info.

KC

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
The long arm is the deck pitch adjustment rod. the end without the slots connect to the RH lift arm then the other end should line with something on the front of the mower.

And currently the upper drive belt idler arm is in the wrong position.

lexadmn

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thank you StarTech. I did find where it connects to the lift arm. It appears I was missing a piece or 2 for this connection and I ordered these already.
Not sure where the other ends connects yet as it will align with a couple of different bolts.
Once the new connections arrive, maybe I can get a better grasp.
Again, Thank you.

KC

bkeller500

Threads
The long arm is the deck pitch adjustment rod. the end without the slots connect to the RH lift arm then the other end should line with something on the front of the mower.

And currently the upper drive belt idler arm is in the wrong position.
You may be correct on your explanation but FWIW, I was thinking the deck is lifted by one of those black brackets that are just forward of the striping rollers. There appears to be a small electric motor there...I assume it's for the HOC ( Height of Cut adjustments ) ......That's all I got......I'm anxious for the final report.