Confused

durtfarmr

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a Tecumseh 4hp engine that runs great at start up,after pushing primer bulb a few times...however if it runs for say 5 minutes it then quits...like it runs out of fuel....and it will not restart regardless of how many times I press the primer bulb..If left for a period of time..like 4 hours... press the bulb and it will run .. but wont run long..I have removed the float bowl..and cleaned the bolt and the bowl checked the float to be sure it moves freely..and all is ok ....I am at a loss as to why this pice of &^%%&^ will NOt run..Oh yeah have already cleaned the flywheel up..and the coil..and replaced the spark plug with a new one....

SeniorCitizen

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have a Tecumseh 4hp engine that runs great at start up,after pushing primer bulb a few times...however if it runs for say 5 minutes it then quits...like it runs out of fuel....and it will not restart regardless of how many times I press the primer bulb..If left for a period of time..like 4 hours... press the bulb and it will run .. but wont run long..I have removed the float bowl..and cleaned the bolt and the bowl checked the float to be sure it moves freely..and all is ok ....I am at a loss as to why this pice of &^%%&^ will NOt run..Oh yeah have already cleaned the flywheel up..and the coil..and replaced the spark plug with a new one....
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Try cleaning the gas cap vent so the tank can stay at atmospheric pressure.

mystreba

Threads
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Try cleaning the gas cap vent so the tank can stay at atmospheric pressure.

Dang gas cap vents have been a problem on every portable power tool I've ever owned. They're always either clogged, or they leak.

RobertBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
5 MINUTES? Gotta be the tank vent.....
Any bets on what durtfarmr next post is?

durtfarmr

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanx to all the helpful comments
I took carb off AGAIN.and really cleaned it well...even used a piece of fine wire to be certain that orifice inside carb bowl bolt was free........and also checked the fuel cap for "breathing" And NOW IT RUNS :smile: Thanks again....:smile::smile::thumbsup: