Compression through carb and intake

baktasht

Threads
All the parts arrived. Will be working on it this evening.

IMG_20200821_152143.jpg

baktasht

Threads
Replaced the fuel line, cutoff valve, and fuel filter. And pre/post air filters too. It started right up without even a hiccup. I was actually surprised how quick it starts up. Let it warm up and adjusted the idle screw and fuel screws and it is running perfectly.

NOW THE NEXT PROBLEM.... haha... Drive belt is on, but I get zero motion when i put it in any forward or reverse gear. Not sure if it's even the right belt with all the mess the previous owner left on this thing. Going to order a new drive and deck belt for this weekend pickup to see if that fixes it. Fingers crossed!!!

baktasht

Threads
All fixed up. Needed an idler pulley replaced, one of the "lips" had been chewed off. Also had a couple of support arms missing from the deck, got new ones ordered and put on. Ordered up a two mulching gator blades, too. And also a mulching "cap" thing that blocks the outlet of the deck.

This thing will now start right up at the blip of the key, even without choke engaged. It runs at slow medium and high throttle speeds perfectly, and the deck is operating smooth as butter.

Thanks all for the help and suggestions!!

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
sounds like it's running great!!! Good job.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Glad to hear you are up & running
Gators do not work with a mulch cover,
They are designed to cut & recut the clippings but not to drop them strait down into the spot they were just cut from.
They throw the fine clippings which will vanish into the grass in a day or two.

When used with a mulch plate you end up with blobs of grass shake pulp all over the lawn.

Last edited:

baktasht

Threads
Glad to hear you are up & running
GAtors do not work with a mulch cover,
They are designed to cut & recut the clippings but not to drop them strait down into the spot they were just cut from.
They throw the fire clippings which will vanish into the grass in a day or two.

When used with a mulch plate you end up with blobs of grass shake pulp all over the lawn.
You're right! I noticed that there were lots of clumps. Any recommendations on blades to use to get the best mulch functionality with the mulch cover?

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Try it without the cover and the chute raised about 30 deg up

baktasht

Threads
Try it without the cover and the chute raised about 30 deg up
Tried it without the mulch cover and it cut great. No more clumping. I just have to be careful to cut more often I think. Because if I wait too long the clippings will be too much I think.