Commercial vs Prosumer.

lil SIG

Threads
I mean can anyone seriously sit there and say that a FX730V is a Commercial grade motor and the exact same block FR730V is a Prosumer. So the 23.5HP FX is really going to out do or last the 24HP FR?

It's like look at the fuzzy little monkey. POOF!

Screenshot_20230427_215746_Gallery.jpg

Last edited:

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Different blower housing better air filter & carb
That makes a difference when you mo 6 to 8 hours a day every day

txmowman

Threads
I wouldn’t classify the FR is prosumer. It is great for well kept lawns on residential lawn tractors (with a hood). On any zero turn (sit or stand) I would only use FT or FX. On wide area walk, FT, FS or FX.
Any FR powered zero turn needs to not have a bagger installed and needs to have diligent and proper checking and maintenance of the air filter.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
There is very little difference FS-FR-FX
They are all the same engine
The only difference is the carb, air filters & on the FX the metal blower housing to take the weight of the Donaldson canister
Internally they re all identical
In the yard right now is a Z Master that I fitted an FR into when they blew the FX
Further more it is a 651 replacing a 691 .
The only difference they noticed was it uses less fuel
This mower got used 6 days a week 50 weeks a year and is currently in for a rewire as the old loom has become so hard & brittle it was breaking every couple of weeks . It is 11years old, goes through 2 to 3 sets of spindle bearings a year so it does do a lot of hard work.
IT will become the back up as they have just bought a new Ferris with suspension.