Commercial Toro or Snapper?

Brad777

Forum Newbie
Threads
I'm ready for a new mower. About 20 years ago I bought a commercial Toro that I gave my brother...he still has it and it runs great. I bought a Honda for about $900 thereafter, about 14 years ago and I've not ever really been happy with it.

The issue is that I don't think Toro is what it used to be. I know Honda hasn't gotten better either. I've never owned a Snapper, what do you guys think? What are your recommendations?

FYI, this is for home use, not commercial business. I do want the blade brake system as I find it very annoying to have to start each time I stop to empty the bag, etc.

I look forward to any and all replies.

Thankd,

Brad

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The Toro Super Recycler with alloy deck is just as good as your old one. It has BBC, Personal Pace and bagging is better than your old one.

Threads
If you want to mulch..... Snapper is the way to go. I don't know how good it bags, though.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The Toro is also rated as one of the top mulchers on the market according to Consumers report.

Brad777

Forum Newbie
Threads
Since I've been a happy Toro owner previously, I obviously have a bias. However, I know many things don't remain constant, hence my original question. All the replies thus far are very much appreciated. With regards to the replies for Toro, what model number(s) are you referring to that have the BBC?

Thanks again to all.

Brad

Briana

Lawn Addict
Threads
Welcome to LawnMowerForum!

I moved your thread to the Mower Buying & Pricing Forum. :smile:

possum

Threads
There is no mower in the town I live in that can keep up with a Snapper in the mulching department.