Comments about Bad Boy diesel mower

jbeane

Threads
I've been mowing with a Dixie Chopper Silver Eagle for nearly 10 years and have been looking at the Bad Boy 61" diesel. I don't know anyone with a Bad Boy and would like to hear comments about Bad Boys diesels. And also in general about how these mowers stand to bumpy terrain.

Thanks,
John

BigBlueEdge

Threads
I can't comment about the diesel version but I've had a Rogue since 2021 with the Yamaha engine. The Rogue is about the same frame and design as the Renegade with diesel. It has held up very well over my mowing of my 10 acre property (about 7 acres mowed). My yard isn't exactly smooth. I wouldn't say it is extremely bumpy, but it is a rural property that was once pastureland so it is by no means a city lawn. These mowers are built pretty rugged. They don't skimp on the frame & metal thickness. The Rogue weighs more than my Deere x758 diesel garden tractor with mower deck on it.

jbeane

Threads
Thanks Big Blue,

Your 10 acres is much like mine, so a good frame and deck is important. My Dixie has held up well, but we are at a point where lots of little things are breaking. I am trying to extract a broken bolt out of a drive motor instead of buying a new motor right now. It seems almost every time we mow, something happens.