command carburetor kits, cost friendly alternatives?

hlw49

Lawn Addict
Threads
If the carb is not leaking past the needle and seat and just need to clean it out because it is surging you can use the gasket kit. I do it all the time.
24 757 38s. You can buy them on eBay for around $20. Is this a Keihin or a Nikki carb. Keihin has two screws that hold the top plate on and a Nikki has 3 screws that hold it on.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
My CV20S engine (20HP) carb works fine, I'm thinking just disconnect at the intake and take the whole setup onto the CV22S... but I'm wondering if the jets would be too small and cause a lean condition...
Yes it would probably be lean.

VegetiveSteam

Threads
Ah yeah, I meant starts with 30. The one I'm replacing is a 33. Weird that 75515 comes back as a CV23... Kohler tag attached. Yes those OEM kits are crazy expensive, so much so I'm tempted to just try it as-is.
That was right at the time Kohler was going from the CV22 to the CV23 and the early specs were labeled as CV22s. The 75XXX specs had a slightly larger bore. At the time Kohler actually referred to it as their large bore 22.

fj5gtx

Threads
If the carb is not leaking past the needle and seat and just need to clean it out because it is surging you can use the gasket kit. I do it all the time.
24 757 38s. You can buy them on eBay for around $20. Is this a Keihin or a Nikki carb. Keihin has two screws that hold the top plate on and a Nikki has 3 screws that hold it on.

Looks like 2 screws to me.

Attachments

• carb.jpg
    carb.jpg
    277.3 KB · Views: 9