Comet 30 ??

Threads
Does snapper really still sell parts for the older mowers ?
Engine code on this one is from 1968 . Time to give it a nice retirement and fix it up if we can. My better 1/2 is interested in trying for two reasons , 1. the age of the mower and 2. someplace to start learning how to wrench on stuff.
How can I resist ?

Phil

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Does snapper really still sell parts for the older mowers ?
Engine code on this one is from 1968 . Time to give it a nice retirement and fix it up if we can. My better 1/2 is interested in trying for two reasons , 1. the age of the mower and 2. someplace to start learning how to wrench on stuff.
How can I resist ?

http://s45.photobucket.com/user/littlelou66/media/100_3684.jpg.html

Phil

You can get most parts like the clutch disk. Pulleys. Belts Tires. Rebuild kit for rear end. Steering parts.

(( racing is the only sport that you need two balls ))

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Mower looks to be in very good shape.

(( racing is the only sport that you need two balls ))

noma

Threads
Hi 1894

Welcome aboard here hope you enjoy your stay here, lot of knowledgeable people here to help. Maybe some day you will be doing some one else a favor with there problem with a answer I havn't saw one of those old mower for a long time look pretty good to , good luck with your project mower.:licking::licking::licking::licking::licking:

BustedKnuckles

Threads
This will make a great project and is a worthwhile effort for sure.

1. Take plenty of photos along the way so you can remind yourself how it goes back together.
2. Be patient.
3. Have fun.

snapperresto1

Threads
LATE 60S EARLY 70S SHOULD BE SPOT ON BASED ON THE LOOPED HANDLE BARS AND THE PEDAL TO THE SIDE OF CENTER. OLDER ONES HAD A BROKEN OVAL STEERING WHEEL AND ONE LARGE PEDAL. (LIKE MINE AT "AN OLDIE BUT A GOODY") I HAVE RESTORED MANY SNAPPERS, THEY ARE QUITE SIMPLE, MECHANICALLY SPEAKING, EASY TO DIS- AN REASSEMBLE AND PARTS ARE READILY AVAILABLE THRU YOUR LOCAL DEALER OR EBAY. I BUY A LOT OF RESTO PARTS FROM EBAY. GOOD LUCK AND ENJOY.