Collectible?

I have an old IH Cub Cadet(plate says it is a 382), a JD 116, a snapper 2000gx, and a snaper 40 zt. I am looking at a montgumery ward 10hp about 3miles from me. it has been sitting for about 8 years, i would say
 
Something to think about. a lot of people take their old mowers to the scrap yards. there are some scarpyards that will let you buy them from them at about 10-25% above scrap value(usuallly). i am pretty lucky it that area, i have 3 scarpyards around me that do it. Also you may find that hard-to-find part that you have been looking for months and could not find
 
1st post. Been reading on this forum but had to comment on this.

Over here we get a lot of different age of machine in for service.
1970 is quite young.
Lots of customers using Atco Panther from 20s and Ransomes Ajax push reel mower which is about 40s.
Then you have BSA Sloper engines on certain Ransomes from about 50s still running.
Briggs did a competition couple of years ago for the oldest working engine on a lawnmower and if I remember right it was a 1920s cylinder mower.

If you are interested in collectable then look here.
British Lawnmower Museum
or
Mower History | The Old Lawnmower Club
 
I was walking threw the woods with my family just for fun when we came upon 2 old mint 1965? top of the line push gas mowers my first thought was scrap metal, but later in the day i thought when was the last time ive even seen a mower this old, im going back for them they are just cool and vintage.
Imagine busting one out to mow in 10 years from now or even today.

Great collector piece over looked.

Any bottom of the line running mower here in Florida is worth $40. so how to value vintage mowers????
 
I was walking threw the woods with my family just for fun when we came upon 2 old mint 1965? top of the line push gas mowers my first thought was scrap metal, but later in the day i thought when was the last time ive even seen a mower this old, im going back for them they are just cool and vintage.
Imagine busting one out to mow in 10 years from now or even today.

Great collector piece over looked.

Any bottom of the line running mower here in Florida is worth $40. so how to value vintage mowers????

I've never seen the equivalent of an NADA collectible lawnmower book, but maybe the combined talents and input of the members here could be compiled to produce one. Maybe a book with photos, for a coffee table book, too?! Yikes! "Yep, we sold all four copies of that there coffee table book last year.."
 
I don't know if this is collectible or not. I have a clear JD L Series hood. I know only 1300 were made and they were all to be destroyed. They were originally put on the Display models at Home Depot. Does anyone ever heard of these or know what they may be worth?
 
Back
Top