Coils grounded zth5221

Timtech

Forum Newbie
Threads
My mower will crank but not start and i determined the coils were being grounded. Unplugged the wires and it runs fine. cant find a good schematic to determine what switch causes this. Will allow the unit to crank but not fire. Anyone know this unit and can offer any help Or have a good schematic? Thanks. TT

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The wiring schmetic is in the back of the owners manual.
Owners manuals are a free download from the Husqvarna web page.
All of the safety switches will have a pair of coloured wires and a pair of black, brown or green wires
The latter will be the kill circuit to the magneto .
Disconnect all of them and bridge the coloured wires ( yellow, white or pink usually ) which s the cranking circuit .
Engine should crank & start
Once started reconnect them one at a time to find out which one kills the engine
If it does not start and you have no spark then the PTO switch is bad,

Timtech

Forum Newbie
Threads
So to follow up. Was ringing out all the switches (pulled wires off both coils and hooked dvm between wire and ground) and everything worked fine. Hooked both up and wouldnt run. Im now thinking WTH. pulled one off and tried it and it started. I measured both coils to ground and one of them has an internal short. when hooked up it grounds out the other coil. gonna pick up a new coil. Great forum and place for a sanity check when ur loosing your mind.