Coil help

mudpie

Threads
I have a 36" walk behind with a Kohler Command Pro 13 hp (CV13). I've got no spark, and I'm trying to test the coil. I am not at all good with electrical, so I'm watching videos on YouTube. First instruction, set the meter to ohms. Got it. But I've got 5 settings for ohms, so I check them all. First one gives me 0.383, second one gives me 57.9, third one gives me 9.80, and the last two give me OL.
I have no idea what this means, mainly because I can't seem to find a table that tells me what the values are supposed to be. Anything I found for the CV series starts with the CV15 or CV17.
Any advice would be appreciated, and it's probably best to pretend your explaining it to a 9 year old.

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Remove the blower housing disconnect the single wire going to the coil and test for spark with either a good spark tester or a know good plug. If no spark replace coil. People that think they can test the ohms of ignition coils used on mower are just blowing smoke. And not the smoke that is caused by applying voltage to the coil which releases the factory smoke.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Threads
As IL said testing is a go, no go. The Electronics can't tested with some very coil testing equipment. So most techs do as IL suggest as they basically either work or don't work.