Clutch not engaging deck belt

Hydestone

Active Member
I had a belt pop off and wrap around the clutch. After removing it and replacing the belt, it no longer works. It does turn, but barely and makes some sort of rattling noise. Any idea what is happening?

 
Awesome, thanks Mark. I’ll test it then post up my findings.

Any suggestions on where to get a good deal on a clutch? Amazon?
 
I am having some issues trying to remove the clutch. I don’t have an impact driver, trying to use ratchet by the motor is turning. Any ideas how to stop it from turning? Is holding the shaft with a pipe wrench a bad idea?
 
Can’t get the wrench on the pipe shaft to hold it.

I’m afraid I’ll break of plastic fins if I try to jamb something in the top of motor.
 
remove spark plugs & place a piece of rope in spark plug holes, rope the size of pull cord on lawnmower, then remove bolt on crankshaft.
 
Ok. I’ll give that a shot. Was going to shoot over to Home Depot to grab an air driver. Would prefer to save the $$!
 
I removed the spark plug and put some starter cord in as far as I could. Just kept spinning.

You said remove spark plugs and put in holes...there is only 1 spark plug that I am aware of.

Also, is it ok to put cord in there on an OHV engine?
 
Swung by the depot and picked up an impact driver. Removed old clutch...ohms were at 7.7. Put the new one on, all systems go. He old craftsman lives on.

Thanks for all your help!
 
Back
Top