Export thread

clutch doesn't engage

W

wolfestone

clutch doesn't engage...it made a loud "thunk" sound and just quit! A very hot-to- the-touch washer and nut was found under the mower. Now the engine will start and idle...but won't allow the clutch to engage in any gear! HELP!

T

TheGardenMechanic

Hi what mower is this on?

W

wolfestone

Additional info...it is a MTD-YardMan mower...just discover the bolt came out of a pulley that loosened which caused the bands to come off. Now trying to figure out how to put the bands back on.

W

wolfestone

Additional info on the bands on the MTD-Yardman mower...it's a 42 inch deck, and we're tying to figure out how to put the bands back on the pulley assembly that the main belt fell out of.

C

chance123

Additional info on the bands on the MTD-Yardman mower...it's a 42 inch deck, and we're tying to figure out how to put the bands back on the pulley assembly that the main belt fell out of.

I am confused. What "bands" are you referring to? I was thinking you meant the belts, but at the end of your post you said "main belt fell out".
I take it that your machine does not have an electric clutch?

Carscw

Carscw

Are you talking about the pulley in the center of the mower that two belts go on?
One from the engine and one from the rearend.
You keep saying bands. I have never heard of a mower that had bands.

Sent from my iPhone using LMF