Export thread

clutch bracket

D

docadj

I have a 2760, 27 hp generac. When I engage the pto, the blades turn normally for a short while and then slow down so much that they won't cut grass. When I look at the clutch, I notice that the clutch bracket is moving freely and is not attached to anything. I don't know what its function is but I presume it's supposed to be bolted to something or have a spring attached to it. Any ideas?

H

hlw49

I assume this is a Silver Eagle. If so it is missing the 100034DC clutch bracket and 50023DC rubber sleeve that goes on the bracket. Bracket bolts on the clutch and sticks up through a slot in front of the clutch and the rubber sleeve sticks on the part of the bracket the sticks up through the slot.

D

docadj

Thank you.

H

hlw49

D

docadj

I actually have a classic, would it be the same?

H

hlw49

No and depends on the year it was made. Depends on whether it is a Classic T or W or just a classic Classic. That is why it is so important to give the complete model and serial # and not just say I have a 2760 Dixie Chopper. There are 2760s in a lot of the D/C mowers.

D

docadj

Ok, lesson learned. It's a 2011 classic. Thanks for your help.

H

hlw49

Before you buy the parts look under the engine mounting plate at the left back corner to make sure there is a bracket welded to the mounting plate just inside the frame. This makes a space for the all thread rod to fit that mounts to the bracket for the clutch stop. According to the model no. it takes a part no.100180 bracket that mounts to the bottom of the clutch. Two 5/16 -18 x 3/4 grade 5 bolts. Two 5/16-18 flange whiz nuts. To bolt the bracket to the clutch. One 1/2 -13 x 3.5 all thread rod of a 4 inch bolt cut to fit and two 1/2 - 13 flange whiz nuts. To mount the all thread or 4 inch bolt to the bracket in the large hole in the bracket. You will also need a piece of 1/2 x 13/16 by 3.5 inch hose to fit over the all thread rod. The bracket that bolts to the clutch if missing is the only part you will have to buy from D/C. Hope this helps.

D

docadj

Thank you for your time and help.

H

hlw49

YW