clutch bracket

docadj

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a 2760, 27 hp generac. When I engage the pto, the blades turn normally for a short while and then slow down so much that they won't cut grass. When I look at the clutch, I notice that the clutch bracket is moving freely and is not attached to anything. I don't know what its function is but I presume it's supposed to be bolted to something or have a spring attached to it. Any ideas?

hlw49

Lawn Addict
Threads
I assume this is a Silver Eagle. If so it is missing the 100034DC clutch bracket and 50023DC rubber sleeve that goes on the bracket. Bracket bolts on the clutch and sticks up through a slot in front of the clutch and the rubber sleeve sticks on the part of the bracket the sticks up through the slot.

docadj

Forum Newbie
Threads
I actually have a classic, would it be the same?

hlw49

Lawn Addict
Threads
No and depends on the year it was made. Depends on whether it is a Classic T or W or just a classic Classic. That is why it is so important to give the complete model and serial # and not just say I have a 2760 Dixie Chopper. There are 2760s in a lot of the D/C mowers.

docadj

Forum Newbie
Threads
Ok, lesson learned. It's a 2011 classic. Thanks for your help.

hlw49

Lawn Addict
Threads
Before you buy the parts look under the engine mounting plate at the left back corner to make sure there is a bracket welded to the mounting plate just inside the frame. This makes a space for the all thread rod to fit that mounts to the bracket for the clutch stop. According to the model no. it takes a part no.100180 bracket that mounts to the bottom of the clutch. Two 5/16 -18 x 3/4 grade 5 bolts. Two 5/16-18 flange whiz nuts. To bolt the bracket to the clutch. One 1/2 -13 x 3.5 all thread rod of a 4 inch bolt cut to fit and two 1/2 - 13 flange whiz nuts. To mount the all thread or 4 inch bolt to the bracket in the large hole in the bracket. You will also need a piece of 1/2 x 13/16 by 3.5 inch hose to fit over the all thread rod. The bracket that bolts to the clutch if missing is the only part you will have to buy from D/C. Hope this helps.