clicking sound and battery question

Bertrrr

Threads
Spray on after everything is cleaned up and tight with good contact

Lawn Addict
Threads
I don't coat mine till all is connected. But everyone has their own way,.

jcworks

Threads
Spray on after everything is cleaned up and tight with good contact
Thanks Bertrrr, will do. My last post said the battery ended up being good and charged up to 100%. It did crank ......but, I tried to crank it yesterday and zip. Dead. So my last post was accurate (at the time). But its time for a new one. Thank you all.

Lawn Addict
Threads
You got a long run outta that battery, hope the next lasts ya as long, or longer. I use a Minder on my stuff when not in use.

Volts, but no amps.. Neighbors had same deal.

jcworks

Threads
7394 Lawn Addict, I've been thinking about a battery tender or something like that. Yes, 6 1/2 years was a long run on that battery. Got a question for you. (1) I keep the mower inside a workshop. I have a Schumacher battery charger (probably 8-10 yrs old) that puts out 2, 8, and 12 amp charges. I'm wondering if I kept it at 2 amp setting all the time on the mower would that be the same thing as a tender or minder? And, would the charger cut on if the battery drops down and then cut off? I've never thought about this before as I just have used it to charge the boat battery or the rare occasion a car battery goes down. (2) I've also thought about one of those solar powered battery tenders. For that I would need to add about another 20-- 25 ft of wiring for the solar cell to reach outside; so I don't know if adding that much wiring on such a low powered device would even work. If the charger I have will do the trick that might be the best option.

Bertrrr

Threads
You can leave it on full time if you choose but it's not going to make the battery last any longer than it normally wood. Pretty sure it will only generate a charge when the battery tells it to.
One thing to note if it's constantly hooked up to a charging system you'll need to keep an eye on the water level on the cells as it will tend to evaporate faster. I've not had any lawn tractor battery last more than a couple of seasons anyway.

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have a Schumacher battery charger (probably 8-10 yrs old) that puts out 2, 8, and 12 amp charges. I'm wondering if I kept it at 2 amp setting all the time on the mower would that be the same thing as a tender or minder? And, would the charger cut on if the battery drops down and then cut off? I

I think I have the same charger. Haven't used it in a decade. Not the same, It will run constant. Not good.

I use Battery MINDers, 1.5 Amp, (referred to as smart chargers) when they reach full charge, they go into 'float mode' & hold the amps around 13.4.
And if it needs any the smart minder will give it just enough.

Mine have temperature compensators on them, so in winter they will float a bit higher & summer lower. I have one on my Panel truck now, been one for a month. My Z I put on for 1 day a week.

I got 11 years outta my original battery for my truck.