choke locks open or closed

coonan

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a 2005 2748 kohler command .When I go to start it the choke will not pull out , so I took of the air cleaner cover and closed the choke manually cut the grass and when done pulled the choke out so It would start next time.Well it started alright but I could not push it to open so it just killed.So I take the part in front of the carb off then remove two screws to get that cover plate off so I could see the choke and throttle cables and linkages .I cleaned everything the cables are all free as they were before could not find any reason for the choke to lock open or closed.In messing with it it worked fine so put it all back together .Today I pulled the choke it worked and I cut turned it off when done came back 3 hours later and the choke would not pull out.I always locks up after a run then cools down.What the heck is going on !!!! I have had it apart 3 times and can not see anything that is causing it to lock open or closed. Thanks for any help in matter.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Need model number off sticker on motor.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
I have looked over the carb and see nothing that will bind it except carbon (black crap) build up. Try cleaning the carb really well.

coonan

Forum Newbie
Threads
Where and how is the carbon buildup locking up the choke? I see no buildup around the butterfly.Yes when it's free I see no interference with linkage your right about that.