Checking stator resistance on 22HP BnS

Poodlehead

Threads
Hi,

I managed to make it 64 years without hooking up a battery backwards, but that streak ended recently when I was in a hurry ☹️

Once I connected my jump start battery correctly, I was able to get the mower started, but it sputtered and stopped a few seconds later.

M/N: Mower: 13AQ617H118
M/N: Engine: 407677-0258E1

I removed the two wire stator yesterday. The diode on the red wire measures 0.540 one way and open the other, so I believe it is good.

These measurements I'm not sure about on the stator are:
Black - Gnd = 0.1ohms
Red - Gnd =1.1ohms
Red-Black = 1.3ohms

Black/red lead measurements were done from the stator ring, not the 2 pin connector, so diode was not in the circuit.

I am unable to find specs to determine if I have a bad stator or not, so hopefully someone can help me out.

I also checked the 10A fuse under the hood near the key switch and it is good. Is there another fuse elsewhere?

Thank you in advance for any help/guidance.
Pat

Poodlehead

Threads
Thanks! I saw that before, but those steps assume the engine is running and measuring volts or amps, not resistance.

After I got it started I put a volt meter on the battery and the voltage was slowly climbing from about 13.2 so that showed me that it was charging... I got very lucky... Thanks again!