check engine light

k9c

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a 2002 walker riding mower 26hp efi with less than 1000 hours. Mower ran fine and recently wont start after finished mowing when engine is still warm. Changed both relays and no change. Now after a short period of mowing, check engine light comes on and stays on. Mower seems to run ok during this time but will not start up again til engine cools down. Any suggestikns??? Ran great until now.

motoman

Lawn Addict
Threads
Sounds like an auto computer controlled system . If you have a factory manual it may take you through troubleshoot tips. Maybe with a VOM. It may have a diagnostic connector which may allow you to isolate the problem by a series of light flashes. Then again it may be only dealer servicable.

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Unless they have changed the system, turn the key on, off, on should cause the light to blink the trouble code. With that code then it can be narrowed down.

mjhull

Threads
The code would only be read if the key is flicked on three times; on off on off then on and it will shoot your codes. I found that my 26 efi likes to go through oxygen sensors. I forget the exact number but you can cross them over to a chevy cavalier sensor and it plugs right in and the only reason i go through them is because of other injection issues and me gettign it wet when i take the engine out and clean it periodically. But check your codes you can go right online to finnd the fault codes. usually a 32 33 or 34 is an oxygen sensor code and after replacing the sensor it will fix your issues. The oxygen sensor completes the closed circuit that walker starter with its efi systems that are pretty nifty. But when things don't run right all the time, it will be your worst nightmare, get it fixed asap.