Charging system help

Mwh0428

Threads
Have a Murray from the 90s and I got a newer simplicity with a bad hydro and I just took the motor from the simplicity and put it on the Murray. I just hooked a kill switch to the small wire on the coil and it runs good. but I'm wondering how I should hook my charging system up should I hook it up to the positive terminal on the battery.

Mwh0428

Threads
By the way it is a triple diode charging system, it only has one wire going to a voltage regulator and one wire coming off the voltage regulator

xp14629

Threads
With one wire to the regulator, that should be your AC voltage out of the stator. The wire out of the regulator should go back to the positive post of the battery. That is normally done by hooking it to the positive cable at the starter. Then, just make sure the engine block has a good ground and the regulator is grounded well to the engine.

Mwh0428

Threads
I have one wire coming off the charging system and it goes to the regulator which is tied to the stater with a hose clamp and one wire comes off the regulator and I don't know where it goes because the guy BAD wiring issues