Changing Transmission Fluid ?

beretta22

Threads
ZTX5 with ZT3200 Hydro Gear pumps. Anyone used their kit to change fluid ? Thinking about doing it myself. Just wondering how difficult it would be.

Last edited:

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
If you are talking about the hydrogear oil change kit. The pump in my opinion is slow for refilling but does the job. If you have a expansion tank then dump the new oil in and and then remove the top fill hole on the hydro and let the oil run from the tank into the hydro, and when the hydro starts dripping oil put the plug in and remove the one on the other side.

beretta22

Threads
Yes that’s it. I have an internal expansion tank. It shows there is a two prong black adapter to use, but, it screws in on the back side. Do you have to remove the wheel ?

Last edited:

ddbtdd

Threads
ZTX5 with ZT3200 Hydro Gear pumps. Anyone used their kit to change fluid ? Thinking about doing it myself. Just wondering ho
ZTX5 with ZT3200 Hydro Gear pumps. Anyone used their kit to change fluid ? Thinking about doing it myself. Just wondering how difficult it would be.

w difficult it would be.

beretta22

Threads
Don’t know how that happened. Sorry

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
No, as these ports are facing the middle of the drive train. Though it might hard to reach with the PTO clutch installed.

beretta22

Threads
No, as these ports are facing the middle of the drive train. Though it might hard to reach with the PTO clutch installed.
What would you recommend for the easiest way ? Thanks