Changing blades

Bobby Boyd

Threads
I'm confused. I have a scag turf tiger bought last year. To remove the blades do I get under the deck to remove the blade bolts or can that be done from above.

Thanks ahead of time.

-bobby

Mad Mackie

Lawn Addict
Threads
The blade bolt nuts are easy to get to from the top of the spindles, however the blade bolts are quite long and the front of the machine needs to be raised up fairly high to permit the bolts to drop out of the spindled.
When I install blades I put a combination wrench on the nut and let it swing around until it rests against something firm as I use a fairly long 200 FTLB torque wrench set to 75 FTLBs and torque the bolts from underneath. You may think that this procedure is a pain, but I also have a Hustler X-ONE with a 60" rear discharge deck and the blade bolts are torqued to 118 FTLBs and I have to use a large block of wood to stop the blade from turning while underneath the machine while it is up on the MoJack Pro, and one blade bolt is left hand thread!!!:rolleyes:
Mad Mackie in CT:laughing:

Last edited:

noma

Threads
Hi bobby boyd

Just wondering how you did with the blade change haven"t heard any thing back on how it went for you ? We are all wondering?:licking::licking::licking: