Changed the deck belt now it won't start

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
It cranks great but no spark in spark plugs.

Ok on most mowers but not on all if it is a safety switch the engine won't even crank over.

I will assume you have pulled a spark plug and looked for spark.

I would unhook the kill wire going to the coil and give it a try

(( cowboy up and get over it ))

Wilder1114

Threads
Seeing I don't know the mower or tractor but I was thinking? just maybe if it was the wrong belt the throw would be off to operate a safety switch ??? Just a though but as I can see I am wrong sorry. Without seeing a repair I don't care who you are it just a guess. Loose wires maybe??

I appreciate anything I can get I am stumped and its driving me crazy. Thanks to everyone

dennis morris

Threads
I would unhook the kill wire from the coils, then turn it over. If it starts, hook wire up again to kill it and that will tell u that its a safety switch. You can go from there by moving all the safety switch buttons to different positions.

chuknchez

Forum Newbie
Threads
This just actually happened to me for the past month. I bought a replacement belt from Amazon. The tractor would not start with no spark. Issue was that the belt was too tight. While it claimed to be an exact replacement, it wasn't. I bought the OEM belt and the tractor started. Amazon replacement belt was 2 inches shorter and produced too much stress on the engine to turnover. Always spend the money to avoid a headache

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
This just actually happened to me for the past month. I bought a replacement belt from Amazon. The tractor would not start with no spark. Issue was that the belt was too tight. While it claimed to be an exact replacement, it wasn't. I bought the OEM belt and the tractor started. Amazon replacement belt was 2 inches shorter and produced too much stress on the engine to turnover. Always spend the money to avoid a headache
Belts have microchips in them to prevent mower theft. Not really but coming to a mower near you LOL. Some super genius will add this great new feature to sell more mowers. Those 0-turns are not cheap.

If I had a 0-turn, I would hide a GPS tracker on it. I sold a push mower to a nice fella'. He said his new Ferris 72" 0-turn and trailer was stolen from his house. They drug the mower across the yard and loaded it on his now gone trailer. I HATE THIEVES.