Changed the deck belt now it won't start

It cranks great but no spark in spark plugs.

Ok on most mowers but not on all if it is a safety switch the engine won't even crank over.

I will assume you have pulled a spark plug and looked for spark.

I would unhook the kill wire going to the coil and give it a try

(( cowboy up and get over it ))
 
Seeing I don't know the mower or tractor but I was thinking? just maybe if it was the wrong belt the throw would be off to operate a safety switch ??? Just a though but as I can see I am wrong sorry. Without seeing a repair I don't care who you are it just a guess. Loose wires maybe??

I appreciate anything I can get I am stumped and its driving me crazy. Thanks to everyone
 
I would unhook the kill wire from the coils, then turn it over. If it starts, hook wire up again to kill it and that will tell u that its a safety switch. You can go from there by moving all the safety switch buttons to different positions.
 
This just actually happened to me for the past month. I bought a replacement belt from Amazon. The tractor would not start with no spark. Issue was that the belt was too tight. While it claimed to be an exact replacement, it wasn't. I bought the OEM belt and the tractor started. Amazon replacement belt was 2 inches shorter and produced too much stress on the engine to turnover. Always spend the money to avoid a headache
 
This just actually happened to me for the past month. I bought a replacement belt from Amazon. The tractor would not start with no spark. Issue was that the belt was too tight. While it claimed to be an exact replacement, it wasn't. I bought the OEM belt and the tractor started. Amazon replacement belt was 2 inches shorter and produced too much stress on the engine to turnover. Always spend the money to avoid a headache
Belts have microchips in them to prevent mower theft. Not really but coming to a mower near you LOL. Some super genius will add this great new feature to sell more mowers. Those 0-turns are not cheap.

If I had a 0-turn, I would hide a GPS tracker on it. I sold a push mower to a nice fella'. He said his new Ferris 72" 0-turn and trailer was stolen from his house. They drug the mower across the yard and loaded it on his now gone trailer. I HATE THIEVES.
 
Back
Top