Changed hydraulic fluid in exmark

Twitch

Forum Newbie
Threads
Iv changed the fluid and filter in our 2002 exmark 52” ,I filled the oil filter and added 1 quart loosened the release bolts and iv run it while the wheels are off the floor.so far it’s only taken 1quart and about 4 ounces of the second quart .the specs show it should take about 1.9 quarts.iv been running it off and on for several hours now

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Could it be possible that the other half a quart didn't drain because it was inside the pump, center section and drive motor, and charge pump.

Twitch

Forum Newbie
Threads
Could it be possible that the other half a quart didn't drain because it was inside the pump, center section and drive motor, and charge pump.
I’m not sure ,I watched a couple videos and I just did what they did,I’ll probably go ask the guys at the shop I go to

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
There can be a lot of variables that goes into oil volume. There are a lot of owners manuals that will list a certain volume, but what they don't tell you is that volume is for a dry unit, and after the oil has been added once, the new volume may be less. I have an engine that the manual calls for 78-80 ounces, and has taken exactly 64 ounces to reach the full mark its entire life. The front axle on my tractor has a sight glass to check proper level, and after an gear lube change will show full, and sometime in the next 50 hours of operation it will disappear off of the sight glass, and you will need to add another quart, it takes that long to work the air out of the final drives, and there may be pockets in your hydro system that will bleed out at a later time.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Purging Hydros is a hit & miss sort of job at the best of times.
What most do not bother to note is the engine should be run as slow as possible to prevent the oil frothing .
The workshop where I get my hydros rebuilt has an electric motor set up to bleed hydros and it would be lucky to be doing 100 rpm.
I have needed to resort to things like putting a vaccum line on overlfow tanks to get some to purge while others will purge if left overnight.

Twitch

Forum Newbie
Threads
Purging Hydros is a hit & miss sort of job at the best of times.
What most do not bother to note is the engine should be run as slow as possible to prevent the oil frothing .
The workshop where I get my hydros rebuilt has an electric motor set up to bleed hydros and it would be lucky to be doing 100 rpm.
I have needed to resort to things like putting a vaccum line on overlfow tanks to get some to purge while others will purge if left overnight.
Iv got it to about 1quart and 6 or8 ounces,but there’s no air in the reservoir