CHANGE BYPASS ROD ASSEMBLY

pastaking

Forum Newbie
Threads
My mower will not go in forward or reverse and I noticed the bypass rod assembly is sloppy or possibly broken. Does anyone know if this can be replaced and how to do it or have any troubleshooting ideas. It is a 24 HP, 42 inch cut hydrostatic lawn tractor by Husqvarna. Any help is appreciated.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
HElps if you start with the model & serial numbers off the tag under the seat.
If the mower can be pushed but goes nowhere when you put your foot on the F/R pedal the usual culprit will be transmission belt off the pulley at the back, broken , fallen off or the clutch/brake pulleys failed or fallen off.
The bypass rod just opens & closes a valve so is always very sloppy because most have a dozen bends and follow a torturous path from the tranny to the outside world

pastaking

Forum Newbie
Threads
HElps if you start with the model & serial numbers off the tag under the seat.
If the mower can be pushed but goes nowhere when you put your foot on the F/R pedal the usual culprit will be transmission belt off the pulley at the back, broken , fallen off or the clutch/brake pulleys failed or fallen off.
The bypass rod just opens & closes a valve so is always very sloppy because most have a dozen bends and follow a torturous path from the tranny to the outside world

pastaking

Forum Newbie
Threads
Model 917.28926 -1 Serial # S070909D002058. It is a Sear's tractor but made by Husqvarna. As I stated in original post the rod is detached. I haven't gone deeper than seeing the end of the rod on tranny end. Thanks..