CCR2000E

dcgrazier

Threads
I was looking for a used single stage snow blower to clear the areas that I can't get with my Kioti. I saw an ad on Craig's list. The ad only indicated a snow blower for sale at $85.00. The seller posted photos and it was a Toro CCR2000E. :biggrin: I jumped at it immediately. I picked it up yesterday and I think I got a great deal. The seller told me he had several calls after I called him from people wanting to buy it also. This blower has been well maintained and garage kept. It was very clean and looked as though it was rarely used. It started up easily both with electric start or manually. The Suzuki engine ran strong and it sounds great. It smokes a little, but I plan to empty the remaining fuel and try it on my Amsoil mix that I use on my other 2 cycle engines. I can hardly wait for some snow to give it a try.:smile:

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
for sale at $85.00 Toro CCR2000E. :biggrin:

Those are handy small blowers... That is the type commonly referred to as a power broom...
It will move a lot of snow if you don't try to rush it...
It's only short coming that I have noticed.... It is not very good on snow that has refrozen a little ice on top...
Carb adjusting like all 2 cycle... clean fresh fuel is a must.

Fun little power shovel... :smile:KennyV

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
Those are handy small blowers... That is the type commonly referred to as a power broom...
It will move a lot of snow if you don't try to rush it...
It's only short coming that I have noticed.... It is not very good on snow that has refrozen a little ice on top...
Carb adjusting like all 2 cycle... clean fresh fuel is a must.

Fun little power shovel... :smile:KennyV

I have never known these type of machine being referred to as a "power broom"....:confused2: I have a '92 vintage Craftsman single stage blower (about 4 hp) that will pitch 8 inches of dry snow about 20 feet...the CCR2000E is more powerful. To me, "power broom" refers to the plug in electric snow gadgets about a foot wide.

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
To me, "power broom" refers to the plug in electric snow gadgets about a foot wide.

They make little tiny electric 'power brooms' also...
They are quit handy for smaller hard to get to places... would not like to do a large drive or roadway with them:biggrin: ... BUT it would beat a shovel... :smile:KennyV

dcgrazier

Threads
KennyV

I thought the power brooms ran counter clock wise, had numerous blades, no shoot and pushed the snow away form you. This machine runs clock wise, has 2 auger blades, with a shoot that has 180 degree rotation and exhausts the snow through the shoot. It is a single stage unit and is identified by Toro as a snow blower.

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
KennyV

I thought the power brooms ran counter clock wise, had numerous blades, no shoot and pushed the snow away form you. This machine runs clock wise, has 2 auger blades, with a shoot that has 180 degree rotation and exhausts the snow through the shoot. It is a single stage unit and is identified by Toro as a snow blower.

They are snow blowers and will move a lot of snow for their size...
They are single stage with rubber 'flipper' type augers. The other smaller version has a directional vain that skews left or right to direct the snow, instead of a rotating deflector shute and as they get smaller have a second handle closer to the powered end to allow you to use two hands and grab it like a shovel....
all the power brooms, power shovel snow throwers are single stage using rubber blades on a rotating drum of sorts...
The larger single stage units having multi speed transmissions to drive the wheels and generally a spiral steel auger with a steel center blower blade.
All the smaller versions are Quite handy, and when worked within their size design capacity, will do a great job... :smile:KennyV

PS...For $85.00 You got a GREAT deal....

dcgrazier

Threads
Thanks KennyV. If I have to do any work on the machine such as rebuild the carb, I still think it was worth the money.

Also, I apologize for my incorrect choice of a word. The word should be "chute" not 'shoot'. I do not like to see the wrong word in sentences and the use of 'shoot' really bothered me, but I had a mental block. I am getting old. It came to me this morning. Sorry everyone.

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
The word should be "chute" not 'shoot'. I do not like to see the wrong word in sentences and the use of 'shoot' really bothered me, but I had a mental block. I am getting old. It came to me this morning. Sorry everyone.

I also TRY to get words right ... But I'm sure if it were checked, I have more than my share of grammatic errors plus a LOT of wrong terms for things ...
I do hope no one is bothered by my errors, and that the subject being discussed is not lost in my fumbles...:laughing:

Hope you don't get so much snow that it is ever work having to move it... :smile:KennyV