CC30E cut height

KevMeist

Forum Newbie
Threads
I just bought one of these and generally like it. However, I am mowing St Augustine grass in Florida and even with the deck height set at 5 (highest setting) it is too low. This grass is somewhat springy and the weight of the mower sits the cut height too low so the grass looks scalped. Has anyone tried putting taller wheels on on of these mowers To get the deck higher?

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Have you checked that the tires are properly inflated? I recommend using 10 psi in the back and 20 psi in the front. Please post the model numbers for the unit, so we can see the adjusting mechanism.

KevMeist

Forum Newbie
Threads
Have you checked that the tires are properly inflated? I recommend using 10 psi in the back and 20 psi in the front. Please post the model numbers for the unit, so we can see the adjusting mechanism.
Thx. I’ll get my son to check. I’m out of the country at the moment. Would those pressures result in the tractor sitting at a slight angle?

Last edited:

KevMeist

Forum Newbie
Threads
Cut more often.
Cutting every 6 days at the moment. Still cuts too short. St Augustine is not meant to be cut very short. Apart from that the mower has only been used 3 times.

Last edited:

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
No, if properly inflated the tires help to obtain proper cutting height.

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Cutting every 6 days at the moment. Still cuts too short. St Augustine is not meant to be cut very short. Apart from that the mower has only been used 3 times.
Take it back to Lowes or where you got it from.