Repairs Carburetor problem on my TB Bronco

I couldn't find any tappet wrenches or thin wrenches all weekend so I decided to get creative and ended up using 2 nails, some channel locks and some pliers to get the solenoid off. Couldn't believe it worked! Then I replaced the seat and needle. Put the carb back on, changed the oil, changed oil filter, changed the air filter. Cranked off the motor and ran it. Added a little more oil and cut grass for about 20 minutes.
I can't believe it only cost $8 to fix my lawn mower! Couldn't have done it without your help. THanks Rivets! You da boss.
 
What i have done in a case where the wrench is to thick, before going & buying another wrench
I take and grind off what ever I need to make the wrench thin enough, if you try this, go slow don't
over heat the wrench, once I have done so, I place this wrench in The draw with Special Tools, Works for Me

Rat
 
What i have done in a case where the wrench is to thick, before going & buying another wrench
I take and grind off what ever I need to make the wrench thin enough, if you try this, go slow don't
over heat the wrench, once I have done so, I place this wrench in The draw with Special Tools, Works for Me

Rat

I to took a cheap wrench, and ground it thinning to fit between the solenoid and the carb bowl.
 
I just have tappet wrenches left over from years of adjusting the big old Kohler cast irons. Now they're repurposed for solenoids.
 
Back
Top