Carburetor insulator

Magnus Greel

Threads
I have a 20 year old HRR216, and the plastic carburetor insulator gave up and cracked in half. Is it necessary to replace it? Part number is 16211-ZL8-000.

HurstGN

Threads
That spacer has a channel cut into it that when assembled, forms an air flow passageway that is required for proper operation.

RGSERVICES

Threads
I have a 20 year old HRR216, and the plastic carburetor insulator gave up and cracked in half. Is it necessary to replace it? Part number is 16211-ZL8-000.
yes, it oes a specific job of limiting heat transfer to the arburettor which can could cause pre ignition

Magnus Greel

Threads
I took everyone’s advice and replaced the insulator. Now it won’t turn over without starting fluid into the carb. It starts right up, and then immediately dies. I’m assuming my carb is too dirty.

RGSERVICES

Threads
I took everyone’s advice and replaced the insulator. Now it won’t turn over without starting fluid into the carb. It starts right up, and then immediately dies. I’m assuming my carb is too dirty.
AIR PILOT BLEED IS BLOCKED, WILL EITHER BE UNDER A CROSS HEAD SCREW ON TOP THE CARB, REMOVE THE IDLE SPEED SCREW FIRST OR A BLACK PUSH IN JET AGAIN REMOVE THE IDLE SPEED SCREW FIRST TO BE ABLE TO REMOVE IT. IT HAS A VERY TINY HOLE IN IT USE CARB CLEANER AND AIRLINE TO CLEAN IT OUT.