Carburetor for Briggs E1550 engine

Greg in Virginia

Forum Newbie
Threads
Does anyone know a part # for this carb? I have a Troy-Bilt with this engine and it has no carb on it. The Briggs website wasn't much help and neither was the Troy-bilt site. Thanks in advance for any help.

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
First thing that needes to happen is to find the model, type, code of the engine. That could be located in various places depending on the engine. If an OHV engine most like will be stamped into the valve cover if viewed from above. Some of the other engines could be on the blower housing or on the side of the block in some cases with some of the newer push mower engines.

Auto Doc's

Threads
E1550 is just the engine series, they made a lot of variations.

If it is the engine I am thinking of, the numbers with be "dot" stamped on the left side of the engine block, opposite of the carburetor side. Clean the block off and make sure you can see them clearly.

Write them down and then check e-replacement parts.com or Jack's small engine.

Ebay is also a good source to find a decent used one most of the time.

Greg in Virginia

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks for the advice. The one at replacementparts is $143 and the one on Ebay is $12.50 :ROFLMAO:. I know better than to buy cheap stuff (usually) but I'm not even sure that's the only problem I have. A neighbor moved off and left this one. He said take it home with you and use it if you can get it fixed. My Craftsman is in the shop and I thought if I could get this one running, it would help a lot. I'll see what the little Chinese carb can do for me I guess. Thanks guys.

Auto Doc's

Threads
Thanks for the advice. The one at replacementparts is $143 and the one on Ebay is $12.50 :ROFLMAO:. I know better than to buy cheap stuff (usually) but I'm not even sure that's the only problem I have. A neighbor moved off and left this one. He said take it home with you and use it if you can get it fixed. My Craftsman is in the shop and I thought if I could get this one running, it would help a lot. I'll see what the little Chinese carb can do for me I guess. Thanks guys.
Hi Greg,

I've installed a lot of Ebay carburetors over the years, and I guess I've been lucky. I seldom deal with Amazon due to past problems.

Used equipment is hard to repair and turn any profit these days, but there are a lot of people who cannot afford to buy new equipment or OE parts every time.