Carb springs

SGray

Forum Newbie
Threads
I’m looking for a diagram that shows the carburetor spring attach locations on a Gravely 260zH, 992135. My service manual doesn’t show this detail. My engine is running high low rpm’s, alternating about every 2 seconds. I found a spring curled around a rod and neither end is connected. I don’t know where to connect the ends of this spring. I’ll attach a photo of it. IMG_7733-compressed.jpeg

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The top of the spring connects into the bottom hole of that spring clip that connect linkage to the carb. The bottom will either connect into a small hole next to the linkage on the bottom or some even connect in the same hole. And the up and down surging in almost always caused by a dirty idle circuit in the carb. The surging should stop if the deck is engaged, or some choke is applied.

SGray

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks. I found the top hole and connected the spring there. It’s hard to see even with my reading glasses on. I put the bottom of the hook into the same hole the rod was in. The engine still surges. I’ll take a look at the carb next.