Export thread

Carb springs

S

SGray

I’m looking for a diagram that shows the carburetor spring attach locations on a Gravely 260zH, 992135. My service manual doesn’t show this detail. My engine is running high low rpm’s, alternating about every 2 seconds. I found a spring curled around a rod and neither end is connected. I don’t know where to connect the ends of this spring. I’ll attach a photo of it. IMG_7733-compressed.jpeg

I

ILENGINE

The top of the spring connects into the bottom hole of that spring clip that connect linkage to the carb. The bottom will either connect into a small hole next to the linkage on the bottom or some even connect in the same hole. And the up and down surging in almost always caused by a dirty idle circuit in the carb. The surging should stop if the deck is engaged, or some choke is applied.

S

SGray

Thanks. I found the top hole and connected the spring there. It’s hard to see even with my reading glasses on. I put the bottom of the hook into the same hole the rod was in. The engine still surges. I’ll take a look at the carb next.

S

SGray

Problem resolved. This is the first time I’ve taken a carburetor apart. I purchased a can of carb cleaner and sprayed it on all the pieces and blew them with compressed air. I put it back together and no more surging!