Engine Carb Solenoid hook up for M655 with a 25 Kohler Moter

Roninwpb

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Carb Solenoid hook up for M655 with a 25 Kohler Moter
Greetings!!

I finally found a good JD M655 at an excellent price with what looks like some minor issues. It needs to be setup, adjusted, sharpened, etc. But looks like there are no major issues with it. I have been researching the forums here in hope of finding the answer, to no avail. Was mowing my 1.25 the other day and adjusted the seat. Mower went off and never restarted. Thinking it might be the fuel pump I went to the JDealer and mentioned that I ALSO saw the Solenoid wire on the carb just kinda hanging there. To which they all pretty much chimed in and said it was the fuel shutoff solenoid and that might just be the problem. Makes sense to me, but where does this mystery wire come from. I could not find the end coming from the motor and wondered if there was something I am ( Obviously ) missing. I have checked all online manuals to see if it was connected to the starter someway, but no online diagrams show it. I do apologize for asking what must be a real Noob question, but any body have any ideas?

THANKS!!

Trying to get ready for the Florida Sun and Fun cutting Season,

Ron

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
If it is the wire I am thinking, does it have a bullet connector on the end. If so, most of them connect to wiring harness just to the left of the carb, if looking at the carb. It comes out beside the carb, and may have fallen back into the blower housing

Old Goat

Threads
Essentially, it has 12V on it when the key switch is in Run position. Opens valve to let fuel flow to the main jet. No 12V, no fuel flow.

Roninwpb

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thank you for your help Old Goat and Ilegine!

I have looked everywhere I can see for said wire, but no Joy. I have attached a picture to show where it might be as Ilengine said. Let me know if I am on the right track.

Thanks Guys!!

Ron

Attachments

• 4 Places.jpg
    4 Places.jpg
    150.7 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:

Roninwpb

Forum Newbie
Threads
Re: Carb Solenoid hook up for M655 with a 25 Kohler Moter SOLVED!!

Greetings All,

Ilegine Was dead on in his description. I found the mate to the bullet plug behind the plate in the picture curled up....Nursed it out and all is good to go

Ilegine and Old Goat ROCK!

Thanks for the help!

P.S.

I attached a picture if someone else like me comes along and is confused.

Attachments

• The Place.jpg
    The Place.jpg
    153.6 KB · Views: 5