Export thread

Carb replacement

G

ghost1

I'm trying to replace carb for JD edger model M00E35X610568. Carb number is AM106338. It is showing discontinued and am wondering if anyone knows of something that may take it's place?

Attachments

Boobala

Boobala

I'm trying to replace carb for JD edger model M00E35X610568. Carb number is AM106338. It is showing discontinued and am wondering if anyone knows of something that may take it's place?

Have you tried Amazon or Evil-Bay ?? I bought a $95.00 OEM carb at the dealer, from Amazon for $15.00 for a Tecumseh H-100 eng, a few years ago, although it was a chinese cheepy it fired right up and ran like an OEM. I was really surprised . ..:thumbsup:

G

ghost1

Thanks for reply. Found nothing for actual JD numbers on either site, however, I am finding a couple on web sites with Kaw numbers:

JD - FA130d AS19 (AM106338)

Kaw - FA130d S19 (15001-2961)

Kaw - FA130d AS21 (15001-2083)

The pictures look the same and I know sometimes JD parts will interchange. Just wondering if this might be the case here?

Any input will be helpful

Boobala

Boobala

You''ll find a lot of carbs are interchangeable, but usually there's minor differences in the linkage or fuel inlet port orientation, you have to be aware of, if you compare model numbers from the different after-market suppliers, you should find it, have you tried at,

A. .. ( ereplacementparts.com )
B. .. ( partstree.com )
C. .. ( jackssmallengines.com )
D. .. ( sjmparts.com )

these places usually show a list of compatable models when you click on a selected model

cpurvis

cpurvis

Is the kit for the carb still available?

Call AES (https://lawnparts.com/)and see if they can help you find either a carb or a kit.

I have one other supplier that helped me find everything I needed to overhaul an extinct B&S 3hp vertical. I'll see if I can find their number or website.

edit: found it-- https://www.smallenginepartssuppliers.com/index.htm

another -- http://oldmowerparts.com/JOHN-DEERE-C179417.aspx?sid=9999

another -- https://www.smallenginepartssuppliers.com/index.htm This one doesn't list John Deere, but your carburetor looks a lot like a Briggs carb.

G

ghost1

Thanks for the info. Kaw - FA130d AS21 (15001-2083), has a picture that looks just like the carb I'm trying to replace. I know JD will make small changes in parts, however, this one looks like the one I need.

Boobala

Boobala

Thanks for the info. Kaw - FA130d AS21 (15001-2083), has a picture that looks just like the carb I'm trying to replace. I know JD will make small changes in parts, however, this one looks like the one I need.

Hope everything works out for ya, keep us updated, the info, may prove helpful to someone else. ..:thumbsup:

S

s_tuxhorn

ghost1. i have the same edger and same problem. did you ever order that AS21 carb? If so did it work? i did a side by side comparison of the parts. everything is the same except mixing chamber and main jet. any issues? thank you

FA130d AS19 (bs19) original carb has a #78 jet .0870 hole size

FA130d AS21 carb has a #72 jet .0755 hole size.

not for sure differences in the mixing chambers, but they would be matched for each setup. the newer style carb you found would be a little less fuel the the older style. would wonder if it is enough fuel to keep it from bogging down.

Band-aid Kid

Band-aid Kid

Bumping this because I need this carb also. :smile:

Plus it won't hurt my post count. :laughing:

Band-aid Kid

Band-aid Kid

Bumping last time

I'm sure glad I'm not in much of a hurry to fix this.

Really Glad when folks come back and acknowledge whether y'all helped or not.

Boobala

Boobala

Have you guy's tried reading the first 6 posts of this thread ..???

i-can-explain-it.jpg

B

bertsmobile1

Bumping last time

I'm sure glad I'm not in much of a hurry to fix this.

Really Glad when folks come back and acknowledge whether y'all helped or not.

This is a free site so answering anyone is not compulsory
The owners put a nice little emojie in the system for bumping threads that have gone cold.
:anyone:
many of the members, myself included use the "new posts" search to keep current so once a thread runs cold it gets no further actions.
I for one have never seen the equipment however a carburettor is a carburettor is a carburetor so any carb CAN be made to work on ANY engine.
It is just a matter of how much beggerizing around you are willing to do to make it work

If i have no idea then I don't reply because it just makes the thread difficult to read and provides no useful information.
Most members do the same which is why I post here rather than any one of the myriad of forums where every post gets 50 responses none of which have any useful help.

Most of the techs who value this forum & post regularly when they see a thread with several :anyone:'s will make some sort of an effort to research the problem.
Unfortunately those seeking free help rarely come back to tell us if the suggested fixes actually worked.
This is a tad dissapointing and quite selfish but that is the way of the world now days, it is all about me & I have no obligations to any one else.

Thus we have no idea if the suggested replacement actually worked.
However if the throttle butterfly is the same size and the fuel inlet is the same size ( or larger) then the suggested replacement can be made to work & there are many on here who will take the time & make the effort to walk you through the process.
And the same mounting centers will make this a lot easier.
However you may have to make new connecting links for the carb.

G

ghost1

Update: Owner walked away from repair because of cost of carb. Thanks to all for replies.

Band-aid Kid

Band-aid Kid

Re: Carb replace

Thanks for the feedback on this post.
And yes, I did read the posts at the beginning.
I don't get on here on a daily basis, I'll try doing better.

I have a garage full of stuff and I don't always have a chance to work on everything. Usually I'll make sure what I need for the day is ready for the day. I have a scrap man that I keep mowers running for and he gave me this model edger.
I was hoping someone had actually done a conversion on their unit and had given an update as to their results.

And Thanks for mentioning the emojies. With my flip phone not showing them, I don't think about them. Plus I am old and don't really trust them to express my true meanings. Maybe a shrink would help.

I do appreciate all everyone's help on this forum and on this post.

:thumbsup::drink::thumbsup: