Export thread

Carb issues

B

Bige931

I am trying to find this carburetor for my huskee lawn mower. It has a powermore 547cc engine and I cannot find this carburetor anywhere. Please help, thanks in advance.

Attachments

Fish

Fish

Put up the tractor's model numbers on the tag under the seat.
We might be able to look it up that way.

B

Bige931

Here it is

Attachments

Scrubcadet10

Scrubcadet10

How nice..... MTD only lists Powermore carbs on their website up to 420 CC engines....
i downloaded the engine manual off of the MTD web page, has a replacement parts list... only lists Spark plug and filters.
Maybe Fish can get you fixed up

B

bertsmobile1

The powermore engine is a Honda clone ( Loncin from memory) so any honda clone carb for an engine in the same cc range will fit .
Toro started using Loncins a while back with few problems so MTD did the same .
Down here Stens are now carrying Loncin engines & RGS have been carrying selected Loncin parts for a while.
Huayi carbs are not available except on complete engines .
The burning question is what is wrong with the carb ?
It is a copy of the carb that Honda has been using for at least 20 years and I am yet to find one that is so mad it does not respond to a good clean.

StarTech

StarTech

you have a 4X90HU engine. Carburetor is PN 993-00170.

Fish

Fish

Lol, I am glad I don't work on them anymore!!

B

Bige931

The issue that this lawn mower has is when it gets warmed up the engine pull start acting up going like a high pitch to a low pitch, then it will just stop. It will start back up and die again doing the same thing. I have already changed air filer, carburetor now, replaced oil etc. and it still does it. Any suggestions? I even removed the cap on the gas tank and it will still do it. I read that now here and tried it too. Thanks