Carb Adjustment..19.5 Opposed twin

hrdman2luv

Threads
42E707-2631-E3. 4 bolt fuel pump.

I've rebuilt this carb just a few months ago. But, I have to choke it nearly all the way, and sometimes have to unchoke and rechoke it while it's running, to keep it running...

Any tips on how to adjust it? Or did I get something wrong when I put the fuel pump back together. Or could it be something completely different?

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
With the engine running spray some carb cleaner around the base of the carb where it bolts to the engine. If it changes how it runs then it is sucking in air.
Likes to warp right there. Might have to run 2 gaskets.

hrdman2luv

Threads
With the engine running spray some carb cleaner around the base of the carb where it bolts to the engine. If it changes how it runs then it is sucking in air.
Likes to warp right there. Might have to run 2 gaskets.

Good advice, but that didn't work... I have another fuel pump gasket set. (I got a 2 for one deal)... I'm wondering, when/if I take the fuel pump off, can I get to any of the jets with the fuel pump off?

BTW, there only seems to be two adjustment screws for this carb. One the idle screw on the side. And then one connected to the throttle linkage mounted on the engine... Am I missing one somewhere?

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
I hate these carbs they are very touchy.
I would take it back apart and clean it again.

I use a bread tie to clean all the small passages out.

hrdman2luv

Threads
I hate these carbs they are very touchy.
I would take it back apart and clean it again.

I use a bread tie to clean all the small passages out.

Oh man.. Not something I wanted to do... But I suppose, if you have to reduce the amount of air going into it, that means there's not enough gas going into it. Short of an air leak as carscw mentioned, that would be the logical problem...

Could there be any adjustment that could be out of whack? I've screwed the the throttle linkage way too many turns in both directions to know where it's supposed to be. I did notice, it gets real loose who the throttle is down.