Forum Newbie
Threads
We have a circa 2005 Troy Bilt Pony that I am not able get started:

• Battery is brand new
  • I am getting power to the solenoid as tested with a multimeter
  • I am not showing power out of the solenoid
  • The solenoid is brand new as I replaced it
  • Fuse is good - tested it.
Any suggestions on what test or why I can not get power out of the solenoid if it's a brand new solenoid?

Thanks

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
New most of the time means it will operate correctly. Does your new battery have the same CCA's as old battery or what manual states is required. New batteries can be out of date, be low on acid level if it has removable caps or not fully charged. If lights come on battery should be charged up. Let us know what gives, thanks, Mark
Make sure all electrical connections are tight & secure, especially ground straps from engine to frame or chassis, try by hand to see if they're tight.

Last edited:

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
only time you'll get power on the starter side of the solenoid is when the trigger wire activates it... so most likely there is a failed safety switch in the cranking circuit... (make sure your PTO/blades isn't engaged)
Post up the model number from under the seat... should start with 13A_______________

Touchdown99

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks for the replies.

Regarding the battery, it's brand new this season. I got 2 mows in with the battery and it was working fine and now this issue has just started happening.

Model # is 13AN779G766

Thanks!