Can you suggest value? Snapper Z Rider

Bigwoods

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a Snapper Z rider with about 26 or 27 hp motor. It is the one with the single hand joy stick. Has about 2200 hours. Was in good shape overall but the wires shorted our and burned. Motor and hydrostats are good. I'm getting to old to replace the wiring harness but that is what it need. Any idea the value for someone to fit it up. Appreciate any suggestions..

MowLife

Threads
If you can find a buyer interested in those type of mowers is the ticket. Around here I think I’ve only seen 1 joy stick operated mower in my life. I would just try to list it in the classifieds for what you want out of it. The motor would probably sell easy but with the rest of it you have to find someone that needs parts or a project. Homeowners seem to like mowers with steering wheels and the pro’s tend to go with zero turns these days.

Bigwoods

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks. I appreciate your comments. Mower came with our place and my wife had a stroke.. She loved mowing with the joy stick and it helped strengthen her hand and arm. Other than a terrible gear box, it has been a good mower. She is sorry to see it go.. I think she can handle a steering wheel now.. Thank You.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Thanks. I appreciate your comments. Mower came with our place and my wife had a stroke.. She loved mowing with the joy stick and it helped strengthen her hand and arm. Other than a terrible gear box, it has been a good mower. She is sorry to see it go.. I think she can handle a steering wheel now.. Thank You.

A reasonable tech should be able to replace the wires in 2 to 3 hours tops
So that is 3 hours labour + the cost of the loom.
This will be cheaper than getting the old one repaired .

If your wife can not manage a wheel Country Clipper make a single joystick machine and the joy stick can be fitted either left or right side
It is specifically made for people who have a dissability.
Last season was the first time I saw one and 3 of my customers who have a problem with an arm are now happily cutting their own grass .