Can you adjust drive pulley?

skm348

Forum Newbie
Threads
Mine is the 10323 model. The drive belt is original and it keeps slipping off the pully. Any way to adjust pulley to remove slack or do I need to get a new belt?

Thanks

skm348

Forum Newbie
Threads
Anyone tightened or taken up the slack in the drive pulley? I have the Silver Series, 6.5 Duraforce. I'll but a new belt if I need but I'm thinking there must be a way to adjust it a bit before I buy a belt.

If there is no way to adjust pls let me know.

Thanks again

redfish9

Threads
most of the time the idler pully has the ajustment to tighten the belt

redfish9

Threads
If you don't have a idler pully your belt has seen it's better day.Maybe time for a new belt

Fireman 123

Threads
It should have an adjustment on the cable similar to this. Try that before buying a new belt because I'm pretty sure you'll have to remove the engine to replace it.

Attachments

• image-3986229926.jpg
    image-3986229926.jpg
    593.6 KB · Views: 24

skm348

Forum Newbie
Threads
I don't think the Silver Series 6.5hp Duraforce has an idler pulley, unless that's what I'm calling the 'drive' pulley but I'll double check. All I see (with the cover off) is one pulley with the belt on it. When you let go of the handle the drive mechanism 'tilt's forward which creates all the slack which causes the belt to jump off the pulley. I try to keep the handle pulled in just a bit so as to reduce the slack but it's cumbersome to do that. I'm hoping I can somehow pull the cable tighter up at the handle end and that will keep the slack off w/o engaging it. The spring nor the cable has any adjustability that I see either. Hopefully I'd only have to take off the blade to put on a new belt.