Can someone tell me what is happening to these bushes?

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
  • / Can someone tell me what is happening to these bushes?
That is what a lot of ours look like. A couple years ago we had -29F wind chill temps for like 2 weeks straight. Oklahoma, Texas and such had some cold weather that killed a lot of bushes.

CDE

Forum Newbie
Threads
That is what a lot of ours look like. A couple years ago we had -29F wind chill temps for like 2 weeks straight. Oklahoma, Texas and such had some cold weather that killed a lot of bushes.
I remember that. In Guthrie, OK, all of my crepe myrtles died back to the roots, along with my hedge of holly. 15 years of growth down the drain! :<(

arturowesley

Forum Newbie
Threads
usually when plants die like that it is root related. That means something ate the roots, or too wet or too dry. Or it can be a fungus etc., dog peeing on them, chemicals, too much fertilizer etc..
Th
usually when plants die like that it is root related. That means something ate the roots, or too wet or too dry. Or it can be a fungus etc., dog peeing on them, chemicals, too much fertilizer etc..
they look like duranta to me. Could be many reasons to the problem. Have you been spraying Roundup around there?

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
We did have a little cold snap here in Oklahoma this past winter. And yes all the myrtles never woke back up from the -29F winds.