Can I swap a Hydro Gear ZT2200 for a ZT3100 on a Cub Cadet RZT 50

tombukt2

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Can I swap a Hydro Gear ZT2200 for a ZT3100 on a Cub Cadet RZT 50
Well lots of good info. I have emails Hydro Gear and Mulligans, hoping for a simple solution. I like my current Cub Cadet but its sounding like I really need to start looking for a decent used heavier duty newer model. I really like the steering wheel as it works great on our long swale, and the fabricated deck has held up under my abuse and the frame and from caster set up seems very sturdy. It sounds like heavier grade transmissions will draw more power and potentially run slower. I planned to upgrade motor a few HP when a repower is eventually needed but that's way off. Really sounding like a bit heavier duty machine with a steering wheel, 23 -27 HP motor, 50" - 60' fabricated deck and serviceable transmissions might be cheaper and easier. I like my current machine but the idea of being any slower or not having enough power at the PTO is concerning. Thanks for the input. I will keep looking for a trans upgrade but keep my out on facebook for options.
My Cub already has kw 23 HP astounding engine my RZTL 09 has the good frame and casters fab deck similar to ariens apex just with shiet hydros . Cub makes what I want and mostly own . I just need the real transmission. I like the idea of my 395 lb mower The minute I look at the next step up It's a thousand pounds 995 975 I don't relish having to haul around a thousand pound lawn mower to cut freaking grass That's just beyond my understanding I don't care how heavy duty it is I'm not earth moving I don't have a bucket I'm just cutting the grass and I mean grass not even weeds so to imagine that I need to go to it something with ZT5400s a thousand plus pounds 60 in deck etc no I don't want to go over 54 I wanted to fit on my existing trailer That's all set up for my stuff not looking to buy a new trailer to haul a double the weight mower around because that's what everybody else has that's their problem

Brkdrvr

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Can I swap a Hydro Gear ZT2200 for a ZT3100 on a Cub Cadet RZT 50
My Cub already has kw 23 HP astounding engine my RZTL 09 has the good frame and casters fab deck similar to ariens apex just with shiet hydros . Cub makes what I want and mostly own . I just need the real transmission. I like the idea of my 395 lb mower The minute I look at the next step up It's a thousand pounds 995 975 I don't relish having to haul around a thousand pound lawn mower to cut freaking grass That's just beyond my understanding I don't care how heavy duty it is I'm not earth moving I don't have a bucket I'm just cutting the grass and I mean grass not even weeds so to imagine that I need to go to it something with ZT5400s a thousand plus pounds 60 in deck etc no I don't want to go over 54 I wanted to fit on my existing trailer That's all set up for my stuff not looking to buy a new trailer to haul a double the weight mower around because that's what everybody else has that's their problem
7 years ago got my Z force S 48" w/Kohler 22 used in great condition w/low hours and really like it. Over the years I've felt it's a little underpowered and tad slower than I'd like but does great on the >2 acres I cut now. I notice with fresh tune and blades cutting at full throttle it's a tad slow and boggs and or leaves grass uneven if it's a little overgrown. I'm selling and moving down the street to next home with just under 3 acres. i don't really need 60" deck but would like something a little bigger and 1or 2mph faster with a little more power. 54" - 60" fabricated deck with 25-27 HP sounds really good. The trailering size & weight is no issue I have trailers capable & I've never trailered my current mower since I got it home. The weight is another story :oops: I would prefer under 500 -700 but I like the fabricated deck & I'm really interested in serviceable transmission and a bit more HP if the price is right. I was just hoping the the transmissions would be an easy upgrade 🙂(maybe even salvaging used units) and thought I could swap transmissions and then source a bigger engine in a few years I am ok with a bigger Kohler but would like a Kawasaki or Honda. As I look at the steering?drive linkages and all to safety switches I am more and more inclined to upgrade machines, Ive done my share of fabrication and worked on/repaired my share of franken machines and sometimes its nice to just use the factory service manuals and order stock parts I guess I'm getting old.