can anyone tell me the year of this mower?

TrapAPoodle

Forum Newbie
Threads
please and thank you :)

Attachments

• 1961.jpg
    1961.jpg
    138.3 KB · Views: 26

noma

Threads
Hi Just wondering what make and model is it that would help decide what year it is? We need more information about it?:licking::licking::licking:

Drewdle

Forum Newbie
Threads
828c.jpg

You mean this thing?

I couldn't find a picture of *exactly* what you appear to have. Your machine has a 6hp engine but the recoil starter is clearly visible sticking out from the bodywork. In the catalogue picture, the motor is either mounted lower, is hidden by a cowl, or perhaps is electric start equipped? At any rate, the closest match I could find was the 1967 Craftsman 828C. They're neat looking machines; I sure wouldn't mind riding one of those around the yard just for kicks, although with only 6hp, hard to see how it could get much done in thick, wet West Coast turf.

Here's the link to the page where I found the picture. They seem to have some info on the machines too. old_riders_page

TrapAPoodle

Forum Newbie
Threads
sorry it took me so long to find my way back here. heres a little more information. this mower is really fun to drive around. Its got a lot of torque. Side stepped the clutch in error and to my surprise this little guy pulls some really nice wheelies The mower blade turns fast enough to do some serious damage when not engaged. I have no intention of mowing with it, but i'd like to play with it now and again, I will likely just remove the blade. It has a live axle with hard rubber wheel so it doesn't steer well at all. My intention was to sand and paint it, a mild restore of sorts. But this thing has been very well stored and still has all the original stickers in place. Seems to be a shame to mess with it. I think I'll just enjoy it the way it sits. the guy who i bought it from told me it was a 1961 but i cant seem to verify that

Attachments

• plate.jpg
    plate.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 9