Buying First Push Mower - Seeking Tips and Advice

CrazyChase

Forum Newbie
Threads
First, let me first state what I am expecting out of a push mower. I currently have a tractor mower for the lawn, but some parts are narrow and there's not much room to maneuver the tractor around. So some sections of the lawn would be easier to use with a push mower.

I am on a budget, and I'm looking to spend about $200 to $250 on a mower. I care about being able to bag and mulch (which I know is standard for most mowers these days). Some sections of the lawn are on a slope, and I do know that a self-propelled would benefit me. I do know that they do cost more and are most likely out of my budget.

A lot of you guys have a lot of experience with push mowers. What I would like to know is where can I find the best bang for my buck? Also, which brands should I avoid? Pretty much all makes/brands are sold in my area, and good reliability is important to me.

possum

Threads
In the price range you list they are all pretty much the same thing. If buying from a box store at least try and find out where the service center for it is. Might want to go look this place up before buying. Real durable lawnmowers are getting hard to find these days for 200 bucks.