Buying a first mower. Suggestions

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
For really tiny yards:

1. There's always the push reel mower. No joke.
2. I would consider a new battery mower by Dewalt. Their 20/60v battery system fits dozens of things that you might use around your new house from cordless drills to lights, chainsaws, blowers, hedge trimmers, string trimmers, inflators, power tools, etc. Depending on the condition of house and your skills, you may soon be in the market for a set of battery powered tools.
Let's face it, mowing with a push mower has always been a manly task. Mowing with a battery, powered, mower,,,, is just not manly.

No battery job will outlast a Snapper Commercial pusher. You buy 1 Snapper and your grand kids kids kids kids kids will be mowing with it.

slomo

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
There won't be a planet for his grand kids kids kids to mow grass on .

NJMower

Threads
Quality stuff I could pass on to my kid's kids that they probably don't want:

SAE sockets
10 speed bike
SLR 35mm film cameras
Cuff links
Feather pillow
Cast iron skillets
Atlas and dictionary

Most of the time, if your kids even want your crap, by the time you're done with it they've bought their own that is better than yours.

puddleglum

Forum Newbie
Threads
I haven't had good results using a mulching mower in tall grass--I don't think that tall grass and mulching go well together. We let the grass grow tall here because we like grass, and use the clippings as mulch in the garden, and would rather do things other than mow grass. The mower is a Snapper, and would bog down when I would try to use it as a mulching mower after our garden needs were met. The best small mower we've had here was an early 1990s Cub Cadet, purely a push mower, great for a lot of back and forth mowing under the fruit trees. It's another piece of old non-working equipment that I would like to get running again.