Bush hogging with a Turf Tiger

Zepaholic

Threads
There is a piece of land adjacent to my property with 3-4 foot tall grass & saplings. I remembered the dealer I bought my turf tiger telling me that it can be done with my Turf Tiger, that was the reason I bought it.
Well I come home from work after two weeks (four weeks total since the grass has been cut) & the grass is still short. Damn it I really wanted to cut some grass! LOL
Well I look over to the lot next to mine & the light bulb went off in my head...AHA I can & will cut the lot! :thumbsup:
I got the turf tiger out & raised the deck & went to cutting. My turf tiger did one hell of a job on that lot. Never once did the engine bog down. It did well, now later when it dries up I will cut on a lower setting.

The Turf Tiger rocks! :cool:

Raw Dodge

Threads
I'm pretty sure most commercial mowers will cut just about anything if you slow down.I have cut my 10 acre field with all 3 of my machines without any trouble,just slow down a little and listen to the engine. I always make sure to clear the deck after in the event it's wet and clogged.My mowers are 05 Dixie chopper 50 hp 72" turbo diesel XXWD5000,and a 2001 dixie chopper 25 hp kohler command xw2500..also cut with my ventrac 4231G 72", no problems with any of them...

plateauman57

Threads
I have mowed at a friends farm and the grass was high enough that I disappeared and the guys just laughed. I just set the deck on its highest setting and Like was said, go slow.

Lawnboy18

Lawn Addict
Threads
I'm pretty sure most commercial mowers will cut just about anything if you slow down.I have cut my 10 acre field with all 3 of my machines without any trouble,just slow down a little and listen to the engine. I always make sure to clear the deck after in the event it's wet and clogged.My mowers are 05 Dixie chopper 50 hp 72" turbo diesel XXWD5000,and a 2001 dixie chopper 25 hp kohler command xw2500..also cut with my ventrac 4231G 72", no problems with any of them...

Turbo diesel ZTR? That is rather odd, but must make one bad ***** sound!

Zepaholic

Threads

I wasn't bragging, so it shouldn't have been taken that way.
I was really just impressed a ZTR could do it. I had troubles with a regular riding lawn mower doing the same exact thing (yes I went slow).

Raw Dodge

Threads
I was just saying pretty much any commercial grade machine can do that . we occasionally cut 3-5ft tall if needed, especially if we can't easily get the tractor /brush hog to the area.. if you came from a homeowner grade riding tractor than I'm sure you noticed a big difference...

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
My cheap cub cadet cuts yards like this all day with the deck set 2 from the top at about 3/4 speed.

image-2909536381.jpg

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Why do people keep there grass that long !?!?!

I do HUD homes and this is what they look like when we first get them. They want them kept at 2 inches. And no clippings.
This yard took a hour and a half

Lawnboy18

Lawn Addict
Threads
I do HUD homes and this is what they look like when we first get them. They want them kept at 2 inches. And no clippings.
This yard took a hour and a half

That makes the job harder, but it does pay I guess. You must need to pass atleast twice to remove all clippings.