Bronco slows to a stop

cumberland829

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a Bronco riding mower. In the middle gearing and going up a slight incline, the mower will slow down and stop. I can move to a faster gearing and it will go then. I have replaced the belts (used OEM belts for this model) and it still does the same thing. My question is could it be the variable speed pulley not working correctly or is it something more simple like spring tension or adjustment?

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Spring tension and in particular wear at the spring mounting points, wear at the tension arm pivot hole or the arm itself and pulley wear will all add up.
And do not overlook the engine pulley because it is small so wears a lot faster.

HoustonDave

Forum Newbie
Threads
Had the identical problem, removed deck and that second belt and worked the variable pulley up and down till it smoothed out, have not had the problem since.

gainestruk

Threads
I have a Bronco riding mower. In the middle gearing and going up a slight incline, the mower will slow down and stop. I can move to a faster gearing and it will go then. I have replaced the belts (used OEM belts for this model) and it still does the same thing. My question is could it be the variable speed pulley not working correctly or is it something more simple like spring tension or adjustment?
No gears, it has a veritable speed pulley under battery, either it is binding or the 2 belts aregetting worn out.

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
On the older models, the pulley sheave would get sticky, and would not want to change speeds correctly. I would give a well aimed shot of wd-40 toward the center to try and get some lube in there.
Also try moving the speed selector while moving without depressing the pedal when it starts acting up, see how it acts.