Broken Baffle on MZ5424S

HVFDFIREFIGHTER

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a Husqvarna Zero Turn Mower MZ5424S. While mowing the other day, I heard a heck of a noise. Looked around and noticed the belt had jumped off. Took mower back to the barn, got into it and noticed the belt was actually cut in half, two spindles were completely snapped off and the baffle that is welded to the under side of the deck was partially off and mangled. I can't seem to find the front and back welded baffles for sale by them selves. I new deck is $860 plus shipping which I am sure is expensive as the deck weighs around 200#. I torched the rest of the baffle off, replaced the spindles, put on a new belt and finished mowing with out the baffles but I definitely notice a difference in the way it cuts and moves clippings.

Does anyone know where I can buy the baffles? NOT the three flat baffles that are bolted on. I need the front welded baffle and the back welded baffle that kind of form a circle around the three blades.

All help is greatly appreciated.

sgkent

Lawn Addict
Threads
best guess is fabricate them or start calling some of the bone yards.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
So you obviously have a welder and know how to use it .
SO as SG said, get a length of flat bar and start bending
Make up some L brackets from the left over bar and weld a couple on each side of the baffles so they are more secure than the fillet tacks that Husqvarna use or drill the brackets & deck to make them bolt on .
$ 100 max + some time . winter is comming so a nice warm project for the cooler months