Briggs Trash

Timdawg

Forum Newbie
Threads
Briggs total POS. Too much trouble to find a simple spec. or info. on the internet in a timely manner. In the trash it goes!

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
all specifications are available if you call or contact briggs, they either give you the specs or they can tell you what manual you need.
We need the model number to help you.
If its the older Flat head engine, the model number will be stamped in the flywheel housing above the spark plug or muffler.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
If you would look at your other thread you would have seen that mechanic mark posted where you could get manuals. Guess that was too tough to do.

Timdawg

Forum Newbie
Threads
Model 126T02-0301 B1 10030158 Charity work. Troy built pressure washer, pump removed, Briggs series 675, built around 2010. New pump to be installed after engine is satisfactory. Found loose head bolts, alot of carbon, could spin valves easily. Head pitted more than I have ever seen. Intake valve seal shot. Original complaint was start then die. Replaced carb, seal etc. Lapped valves, ensured proper clearance (.006/.008). The intake seat appeared not quite square or seated evenly in head but assumed it is ok. Did not do rings, no ridge but a few scratches noted. May do rings if I can determine oversize or not and worth it? Engine started right up. A little sputter about every 3-5 seconds though. Also I think the engine runs mechanically rough, like something unbalanced attached to it. But others didnt notice, just amazed it ran. Please advise or opinion? Thanks for your time and understanding.

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
check your flywheel key, if its sheared it will throw ignition timing off, usually its a no start condition, but if it didn't move much it could make it run bad,

AutoMechanic

Threads
Briggs and Stratton are the best engines in my opinion. I go by reliability not how easy it is to find a spec. Kohler is not a preferred brand of mine neither is anything else.

Threads
check your flywheel key, if its sheared it will throw ignition timing off, usually its a no start condition, but if it didn't move much it could make it run bad,
+1 on the possible sheared flywheel key. If the engine acts like it’s out of time, shakes, etc. it might be the flywheel key has let the flywheel move slightly out of position on the crank. Have you done a compression test?